Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall 2010

Time for an update. We recently were generously given a leather couch from David's Aunt Holly and Uncle Chuck. I was soooo HAPPY to be able to warm up the apartment. I've been complaining to David that I thought our apartment looked more like a college bachelor pad than a home. Thanks Holly and Chuck!



This last weekend for Conference I decided I wanted to work on something while listening. So I headed to Michael's to buy watercolor supplies. At home in Washington this was a Sunday tradition, to wake up and watercolor Sunday morning before church. I tried but quickly gave up. I just couldn't compete with all my sisters talents and frankly I just stunk at it. So I decided maybe enough time has passed and somehow I'll be miraculously better at the whole painting thing. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case. I guess I need quite a bit more practice.

Here are some of my first attempts. For Halloween of course!

David's portrait while watching conference comfortably on the bean bag.
I am also trying to grow some herbs. Sadly they are wimpy and growing mold. :(

3 comments:

  1. Cute couch! I love the paintings! Especially David's portrait:) I think your herbs need sunlight - where do you keep them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your herbs look better than mine. I woke up one morning and they were all dead! Sad. i threw them away. Oh, and the couch looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the couch! I did the same thing for conference last week too! I like the portrait of David - very realistic, you should definately have that framed and hang it on your wall.

    ReplyDelete